Tuesday, March 07, 2006

as if there wasn't enough drama...

you may be wondering what i'm doing posting at 1:30 am when i should be sleeping, right? well, i can't sleep... i can't sleep because the fire department just left... the fire department was here because an outlet was sparking and melting in our house... not just any outlet, but the one at the head of my bed... only inches from my own head...

the horrible smell coming from it woke me up... i don't know what could have happened if i hadn't woken up... my bed could have caught on fire... the house could have burned down... thankfully, none of those things happened... but it's still a scary thought...

so the FD came and checked to see that the fire hadn't spread, removed the outlet, taped up the wires, said not to reset that breaker till an electrician fixed the place... and, of course, made sure the damsels in distress were okay... i'm sure ruth and i were pictures of loveliness, having been woken up from a dead sleep and all... lol, but we did make sure to pop a piece of gum so we wouldn't kill them with our "morning" breath...

so yeah... now i'm awake... might just use a sick day tomorrow... i dunno... maybe i'll get to sleep soon...

7 comments:

Grandma Jill said...

April, my goodness! I am so glad you are ok and that you woke up. How scary that must have been.

I know you wanted a sick day, but isn't this a little extreme???!

I think you well deserve a day to sleep in. Just make sure all the electrical outlets are in good shape before you take a snooze.

Want me to call your boss??

Jill

Anonymous said...

April-
Jill just told me about your awful night - I've been without Internet access pretty much for a week. Hope you are doing ok. I've spent a week doing lunches and dinners (not to mention breakfasts) in Petaluma, so it's time to kick some "jerri" butt! You are an awesome inspiration!

love, jerri

Grandma Jill said...

Hmmm,
April, I think you and I deserve some lunches and dinners and breakfasts, too, don't you think? Want to show up at your local Starbucks at 7 a.m. tomorrow and I'll show up at mine and we can have coffee "together"????

Better yet, let's both just sleep in and have Starbucks delivered. For me, that would be about 35 miles. Wonder what kind of delivery charge they'd have?

Hope you're doing well. Take good care of yourself.
Jill

April said...

Jill,

Starbucks sounds so appealing right now, but Ruth just treated me to Dairy Queen for saving her house... and what a treat it was... hehe.

But my office building is getting a Starbucks in just 2 weeks! I'm excited about using my gift card!

Maybe you could get Juan to go get your Starbucks for you... hehe...

take care,
april

April said...

and Jerri,

Hope you're having a WONDERFUL time in Cali!!!

Grandma Jill said...

Oh, I am SO envious about your Starbucks! Right in your own building??!! I have to drive to Terre Haute to get my Starbucks and then it's in a horrible location and very hard to get in and out of. Juan is Lori's man. I'll stick with Sean Connery. He can deliver my coffee anyday!
Jill
By the way, thanks for your bid on Jillybay!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gal,
I hope you are doing okay, and I am sure you did not look at those firemen at all.
Good thing you have a good nose for smells, I probably would have slept through the whole thing, really slept through it.

Yes, you deserve flowers, starbucks and a pedicure for all your walking. Good for you. I am really proud of you.

Take care and maybe we, the so. cal. part of the family will be seeing you real soon.

Talk more soon,
Susan-